My Layouts

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thanks bunches

Mornin,
First I want to thank everyone for their support with my smoking cessation project. (Sounds much fancier that way) I made it through another day and like any addiction, it's one day at a time. I only coughed up a quarter of my lungs this morning instead of the usual half. So progress is being made. I also figure that the $8.50 I've saved so far (2 packs) would be better spent on scrapping stuff. But I'm still in my major slump so I'll hold off buying anything until after I get back from vacation.

Speaking of, don't miss me too much, but I'll be gone until next Wednesday. I may pop in for a quick post, unless I'm totally bored out of my mind (which is a possibility). I'll be in Ocala Florida visiting my aunts. Very low key. So not only won't I be posting, but I won't be visiting all of your fabulous blogs. I'm sure that I'll miss you all more than you'll miss me.

Make sure that you pop over to DSO for their birthday celebrations. Also don't forget about the challenges over there. Kim always has a fab color swatch for her color challenge. Not to mention that many of the participants make mini kits which you can snag and use. And not to be outdone, Kristine's doing a turkey dance this month for her recipe challenge. Scrap your favorite Thanksgiving recipe. There are tons more over there too. Just ask Cate, she does em all. She's the challenge queen.

Since I'm on the topic of challenges, let's look at a few other sites to see what they have going on. OAKS has several great challenges running bi monthly. Meaning from the 1st to the 15th and then till the end of the month. There's also a great new points program that allows you to earn gift certificates for the store so you can buy what you want. This months ad challenge is a Target ad and it's killer. There's a quotes challenge, a scrap lift challenge and a brag book exchange using Blythe Evan's To the Moon kit. And weekly Victoria Feemster does a color challenge too.

Make sure you stop by the Garden to see what fun and exciting challenges Dawne, Traci and Nita have in store for you this month. They are working sooooo hard to get this site up and running and are doing a damn fine job! My favorite challenge (I like em all, but this one is always a challenge) is the foto/frame/font challenge. Traci specifies how many photos, frames and which font you must use. This months font is really cool - Ransom Note. Dawne's photo challenge is Family. I got lots of those, so I really need to upload to the garden. And Flutterby's quote challenge is a terrific one for this time of year - I'm thankful for...... I really need to make sure I get some of these done when I get back.

If you're around today at 3 pm EST stop by SBB for Raechel Knight's weekly Sketch crop chat. I always chat, but don't get the sketch done. Last week I did!! yeah. I always love my Monday at 2 est and Wed. at 3 chats over at SBB.

Well time to head into work. Hope everyone enjoys their day. Until next time, next week- scrap happy and GO BUCKS!!!
Diane

9 comments:

Kristine said...

Morning Diane!!! I'm going to miss you while your gone! Have a nice visit!!!!

BTW, thanks so much for pimping my Turkey Dance!! Too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! You'll get there! You are stronger than those awful things! My husband was a little bit spikey last night himself, so I am a part of your world right now!
Have so much fun and I hope we don't hear from you, because that will mean you aren't bored! Soak up some sun and come back refreshed and smoke free! ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Sara E said...

congrats on not losing as much of your lungs today... LOL
....keep up the good work..you can do it!

have fun at your aunts...you know you'll be missed over at OAKS
:)

Tammy said...

Another day and you haven't smoked. Thats great!! Keep it up. I live about 20 minutes south of Ocala, was there yesterday at Sams. I also see you support rescued dogs. So do I. I have a rescued boxer snoring beside me as I type. Have a great time with your Aunts.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great vacation and can continue your smoking cessation progarm with out any slip-ups.

absolutartist1 said...

You'll miss us more??? Hah! Have a great time in FL, and make sure to soak up enough sun to last for - oh say - 10 minutes back in OH! LOL

Thanks for the mention today! :)

Jenny said...

Enjoy your vacation! I grew up in FL so I've been to Ocala many times...although it sure has changed I'm sure since I was there last.

WTG on the "smoking cessation program", you lungs and heart are thanking you I'm sure. :)

Oh and thanks for the plug on my Brag Book Exchange!

Anonymous said...

Congrats,Diane! LOL:D and I'll miss you! Hope you have a great time away:)

Anonymous said...

I missed you already:D hehe I have something for you in my bloggy! Click my name here!