My Layouts

Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday, Daylight Savings Time & the S word

Ugh! The above are all combining to make for a rough morning. I hate Mondays, the weekends are never long enough. Doesn't help the fact that yes we did get an extra hour this weekend, but I was in bed before 10 last night because of it. And then the dogs were up at 5:30 this morning. It will take me a week to make the adjustment. They're also talking snow showers/flurries this week. I bet it hits before I make my getaway to Florida. I keep hoping it will be warm and sunny all winter long. I guess if I want that, I better just stay in Florida.




Since I was at my brother's Sat. & Sun., I didn't get to take part very much in the DSD festivities. I heard that a lot of people felt it was a good time cuz it made them feel like part of the community! That's what scrappin has always done for me. I ran a challenge over at OAKS for DSD, even though I knew I wouldn't be around. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to know that my friends came to support me on this. Let me show you 2 of the lo's that were done around the song "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat.



This is Cate's. Click the preview for credits and a larger view. I love the photo she used. Thank you so much Cate!


And here is Andrea's. She got a chance to play with Heather's new sparkly blues (I haven't had a chance yet, grr.). Love the funny photos of her DH. All you need is love, love is all you need. I have a bunch of photos for yours. Thanks again!




Now yesterday was Kim B's birthday. She doesn't have a post up yet for today, but I'm thinking that once she gets around to bloggin it, it's gonna be hysterical. Pop over to her website to wish her a belated Happy Birthday. Who knows, there could be a fab freebie there too. Edit** She does have a great freebie, but her stories about her weekend as wonderful so go check it out.**



Here's the few freebies I found that were up already this morning. I'm still working on trying to figure out how to show em off to their best advantage.



Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some lo's done with the photos I took this weekend. I really need to get the calander done. That's gonna be more difficult than I though, but my brother gave me 3 CD full of photos, so I should have plenty.



Gotta go into work, yuck. But have to support this habit somehow.
Have a great day and until next time, scrap happy.
Diane

12 comments:

Kristine said...

Morning Diane!!!

I hate teh time changes too...went to bed at 10 and was up at 5...will take a few days to get used to it...blech...

Hope today is a good one for you!!!

Thanks so much for listing my freebie!!

*Mwah*

Tammy said...

I was up at 5:30 am too on Sunday!! And this morning up an hour early again! Oh well, I guess we all adjust.

BHo said...

I hear ya on supporting the habit. I'm bad!

Anonymous said...

See, you wish the weekend would last longer, I'm so darn glad it's over. I hope your day gets a little better!

They are talking snow here this week too. Aren't we just the lucky ones.

Have a great day!!!!

Jeannie said...

I love the time change-I'm weird! Wish I could see snow; hope its not a bad snow season where you are!

Anonymous said...

Diane, you RAWK, didja know that?! Yep, I was up at 5 this morning too. Jenny didn't know what to make of DST, she couldn't decide whether she was up or down.. oh well. KimB's birthday, eh? The world better watch out...
TTYL and have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

When and where are you coming to Florida? Did I miss something? I too have a freebie but got it up late.....Love those layouts too....have a great day!

Unknown said...

Clocks change here a week before you, just about used to it now.

absolutartist1 said...

Mornin'! All ready got the freebies showing, huh? It takes me about a week to get re-adjusted as well...

NP with the challenge - love 'em, and that song is terrific!

Unknown said...

Who knew that gaining an hour would mess us up so much! My dog is out of whack and so are my parents 2! Lol!

Have a good one!
~Col

Unknown said...

the time change ruined us too.
We were running around like loons trying to get going this morning...

You had s***?

I woke up to Rain and Hail, and NOW its all sunny and blinding me thru my blinds! LOL..

Anyway, hope you have a good day at work, thanks for commenting on my blog the othe day!
~B

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Sorry, wasn't able to hop here yesterday:( But I hear ya on the day light saving thing! We don't have it here but most of my friend online been talking about it too:)

Anyway, have a great day today! :)