My Layouts

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Cravings and a birthday!!!!

Hi ya'll!

I'm having a not so great morning, so lets get this out first. It's Fantacy's birthday!!! Do me a favor and stop by her blog and wish her a happy birthday. You can see her trick or treat photos of her adorable children and even grab the alpha that goes with her new fab kit that I love so much and use constantly, Feral Faeries.Now this is the 2nd attempt at a birthday card for her. I put the other one up at OAKS just a little after midnight and never in my life was I so glad not to have anyone open and look at a layout. Don't ask me why, but browns for a birthday card? Not at all happy or cheery. Glad I snagged it out of the gallery. This one I did this morning. I think it's a thousand times more a birthday card.



Are you wondering about the cravings? No I'm NOT preggers (can't be - med reasons). I'm trying to quit smoking AGAIN, for the hundredth time. I figured that since I was driving up north with my aunt last weekend and then going to spend 5 days with her down in Florida, not to mention the nagging, lingering chunk of yuck in my lungs (great visual aint it) that it was once again time to try. I've quit a few times, the longest was 3 months when I was pregnant, but the minute I miscarried, that was the first thing I went and got a pack of cigarettes. The last time was when the state raised the taxes on em and the price went to $4 a pack. No way was I gonna pay that. Nope, not gonna do it....until I quit a great job (I hated it, but it paid good) and went to a job that promised me the moon and let me crash down to Earth. So since then I've been paying the $4 + a pack, paying more for my health insurance and killing myself slowly. (Im putting all this down so when I want to crave, I see all this in black and white.) Ok, back to now. It's going on day 4 and I am a madwoman! I can't tell you how badly I want a cigarette. I couldn't scrap last night, cuz thats always been a part of my routine- a smoke & a diet coke. Maybe that's why Fantacy's first card was shades of brown. lol. I tried 3 different layouts and nothing would come together at all. Then I grabbed a template. Nothing like templates when your mojo's hit the floor. Got it about 1/2 together and something happened to PSE, it froze up and was done. I took it as a sign, popped a tylenol pm and was in bed before 2 & 1/2 Men was over. See told you that Daylight savings time messes me up. And then I was wide awake at 11:45???????????????????????? Tried to scrap again, but all I wanted was a cigarette. I took the 3 CD's of photos my brother gave me (great photos I looked at them at work) and put em into my CD drive and there's nothing there? Just folders no photos. The screams reverberated through my neighborhood. I have no idea why the pictures are gone???? The drive reads other discs. So I went back to bed and read until 3:30 and the dogs got me up at 5:45. Can you see where this is going? So tonight, once again I'll be tired early, get no scrapping done and once again have too much to do at the end of the month. Grrr.



Ok, enough!!!! Since it's 6:30 now, I know that there are no freebies up yet. I'll try to find some once I get to work. Don't forget to stop by and wish Fantacy a happy birthday!

Until next time, scrap happy!
Diane

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day Diane, I am going to go down that road with you.....(stop smoking road) Joe just quit 2 months ago....he got in his truck, on his way home from work, through out his pack, and never looked back. The first couple of days was hardest (on us)...but now, he's good. I live in Ft Myers/Cape Coral which is about 4 hours south of Ocala....it would be great if we could meet up. Good luck, and have a great day!!!!

Tammy said...

girl, I'm tellin ya, I have seen my husband try to quite and he just can't seem to do it. My mom just stopped one day and never looked back. I don't know why it seems to be easy for some people. Good luck to ya on that.

Anonymous said...

good luck quitting!!

Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said...

you have made my day over and over and over today...and i know it doesn't help much with the cravings but i truly am SO SO SO proud of you!!! for me it is also for selfish reasons, i feel like every day you don't smoke, it is a better chance that you will be part of my life that much longer!
I love you to pieces and you are one of my dearest friends..i can't wait til we can get together sometime, even if it is only for lunch!!! HUGS....

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to quit (I never started) but I was up and down all night long too.

Hope the pictures show up again on the CD and that you get some sleep tonight.

Lovely card you made for Fantacy!

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you find your pictures and are able to sleep tonight. Good luck with quitting!

Lovely card you made for Fantacy!

Anonymous said...

Oh Diane.. you poor thing! Vince starts smoking cessation classes today, too so watch out us! I quit when I was pregnant with Atha, and then never picked those bad things up again cuz I bf'd her till I was already pregnant with Jenny, and now I'm one of those ex smokers who's like, "Eugh, get away from me, you're nasty." I feel bad for Vince because I've actually made him brush his teeth when... well, when he was not in the mood to brush his teeth,if you get my drift! LOL. Take it easy if you can, Hon, and do not stress on scrapping my stuff! Get to it when you get to it!
I'm off to redeem a coupon at a certain Hillbilly's store!

Ange said...

You can do it! Good for you for not giving up!!!

Kristine said...

Hi Diane,

Speaking from experience...once you get over the first 2 weeks it gets a lot easier!! Everything smells better, tastes better & you plain old feel better....it's a tough road, but soooo worth it!!!

absolutartist1 said...

Can't say I know what you're going through 'cause I've never smoked... I've probably inhaled enough second-hand smoke for 4 people though! Most of my friends in high school smoked... Anywho - keep it up, girl!

Templates would be how I got through most of last week. Now that I know how to get them to work in PSP I'm set!

Tracy said...

Can't relate to the smoking thing, but I definitely understand the staying up too late and then still not getting any scrapping done.

Keep it up! You're doing great!