My Layouts

Monday, March 10, 2008

A record is broken

Well, I survived the blizzard of 2008. Here in Columbus, it was a record breaker; record 1 day snowfall of 15.5 inches and 2 day total of 20.5 inches. You know it's big when all the churches cancel their Sunday services. The majority of the schools are closed today too. Allowing for more time for clean up. A report 2200 accidents over the weekend. My question is why on Earth were 2200 people out in the storm? Sheesh. I'm still a little peeved that I don't have a camera. It was a really pretty snow until the clean up started. The dogs love playing in it. Jazi just kept eating it. I had to yell at her at least once not to eat the yellow snow. lol. Fortunately my neighbor snowblowed out my car for me. I shoveled the rest of the walk. I'm sure that it'll be a busy day at the office. Hope those of you caught in the Ohio Valley fared well too. I know that Barb has some gorgeous photos on her website that she took over the weekend. Stop by and see them.
The good thing about being snowed in alone is that I had plenty of time to scrap. I ended up with too much time and scrappers block yesterday evening. I decided that I'd had enough. I figure that I won't get any time to scrap next weekend with Shannon coming home on Friday and the kids & my mom coming in for the weekend. Blogger's being a pain and won't let me download more than 1 at a time. I figure that's good for you, cuz I think there were 14 done. I showed 3 on Sat. Here's a few more.
Done for the SBB template challenge. Template by Amy Bleser, Kit is Gwen by Lauraskathi.


Everything but word art is from the SBB collab kit Pushing Daisies. Word Art by Faith True from Sweet Hannahlee.

Papers from Kiki Halbert's new kit, Fierce. I just love her papers!

Another one using Amy Bleser's template. I found this picture of my parents and had to use it. I did a few pages of Dad this weekend, since he's been on my mind. Papers by Kiki Halbert from Wasted Walls & Varsity Blues; Butterflies by Flergs.

Sogni Dolci by Cherie Shields. It's a stock photo from my computer, but looked very inviting with all the cold white death here in Ohio.
That's only a few that I did. I'll share more with you tomorrow. I wanted to thank Amanda also. Last week on her blog she was asking for posts regarding a hybrid project she's working on. I read her blog on a pretty regular basis so I posted that while I've never paper or hybrid scrapped I wished her luck. And also thought that maybe she could use any photos she had of the happy couple. Well, I was her random drawing winner for at GC to the store of my choice. Since I've been shopping so much lately, this was a big WOO HOO. Now I'm waiting for either the right new kit or a big sale, or both! Thank you so much Amanda! Hope that you've not floated away. (flooding issues)
I'm sure that there was some big news that I've forgotten about. The time change is messing me up. I'm afraid to go back to sleep as then I may wake up late. So for now, I'm gonna go snuggle with the dogs. Have a great day!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Monday, Diane! Glad you survived the Blizz....ours is almost totally melted off already. There's about three inches left in my yard and my roof is completely melted. Crazy weather! Have a good day at work today

Kristine said...

Morning sweety! We got a foot and a half this weekend...It looked so beautiful...until Steve got out the skidoo and made tracks everywhere....

Going to play outside today while the snow is still here. Calling for rain all day Thursday so it will all be melted then....

Mwah!

Amanda said...

Glad you survuved. I made the obligatory call home to Erie to go "How much snow ya got?" and they got 2 feet! We've managed to not flaot away so far, but any more rain and I really will need that ark. Should I take digiscrappers 2 by 2 also? LOL Have fun with your GC! Stay warm adn try not to get too frustrate with people at work today.

Unknown said...

You know what? Yesterday I think it was like 70 here. Totally spring conditions. That's insane to me, because you really aren't that far away, I don't think. CRAZEEEE! Glad you got some productive fun scrapping time out of it. Wow, lookin' good!
Take care and don't freeze, pleeeze!

Angela said...

WOW - that's a lot of snow for Ohio! March snow never sticks around long, so that's the good news! Love your pages!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I couldn't even imagine snow, much less THAT MUCH!!!! I love your layouts, and I am so glad that I am continuing my blog surfing...I've missed your tutorials.. :) Have a great Monday!!! {{HUGS}}

Leigh said...

Great lo's and wow that is alot of snow! I don't know why all those folks were out on the roads either. Crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

How did that storm miss us? I'm kind of sad we didn't get 20 inches of snow. LOL

And if 2200 people got in accidents, can you imagine how many more people were out? People are just stupid.

Great layouts!!!!!

And congrats on Amanda's GC. That's awesome! I love how her son picked the winner! LOL

gabs-art said...

great layouts and a lot of snow. we haven't had only one snowflake this winter over here in germany

Unknown said...

Great LO's and that is just too much snow!

Amy said...

glad you survived!

Robin L said...

I dont want to sound rude or anything but Im glad its you and not us. Really nice to have neighbors who help you out isnt? My brother in law plows us out. Love all of your los, specially the dog one, too cute!