My Layouts

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where did the month go?

I can't believe it's the 15th already and that Thanksgiving is only a week away. Where did the time go? That means that I only have 39 more days to shop for Christmas. ugh! I refuse to shop on Black Friday. The crowds are just riduculous and lately the bargins haven't been all that great. With the state of the economy, I'll bet that there are sales and big ones all season long. So I plan to scrap all day that Friday. And I really have to cuz I haven't gotten my callander done. Since the majority of my blog readers are a pretty tight knit group and know/read each other, does anyone want to maybe do an exchange of some type amongst us? Just puttin out feelers on this one.

Ok, I promised a manatee photo yesterday. There was an underwater observatory at the park.

I have a lot of other photos but they look like big blobs in them. I had a picture of Lu up yesterday, the hippo. Well they make a big deal about staying out of the way when Lu comes out of the water. I thought that this sign was hysterical! Now the next day we went down to see another aunt in Tampa and went to the gulf coast at a little place called Hudson Beach. So I took another shadow photo- this time it's me at the Gulf of Mexico.We had the waitress take this photo. (I used to hate doing that when I waited tables). It was kinda funny cuz another table asked if we were 4 generations. I'm pretty sure my aunts didn't think that was funny cuz only 1 of em is a grandma and I'm 40 so that would make 1 of them have to be pretty old. We all have the same chin so they knew we were related somehow. In case you were wondering, I'm the one with the long hair.


And here is my first vacation layout. I used Heather's Dirt Don't Hurt-It's a Pink Thang. Worked awesome with the flamingos. I would love to get a few more done, but will be gone tomorrow night and Sat.

Big, I mean big game on Sat. against Michigan. It's for all the roses. Even though Ohio State has the better overall record 10-1 vs 8-3, we both have only lost 1 game in the Big Ten. So once again it's down to The Game. It's the biggest rivalry in all of college football. And that was voted on according to ESPN. We'll be back down at the campground for the big game. They open it back up and turn on the electricity and bring in a big screen. Everyone brings lots of food and drink and it's a good old time! So I'll be freezing my butt off this weekend.

Today is the last day to get the current challenges over at OAKS done. Tomorrow starts a new batch so stop on by to see what's going on. Don't forget about the challenges over at DSO and Digital Scrap Garden. I still owe Andrea a lyric layout. I promise I'll have it done by the end of the month. Congrats too! Andrea (Boyerville Scraps) will be joining the zany designers over at DSO starting the 26th. She's movin up!

Ok, gotta go get ready for work. Enjoy your day!

Until next time, Scrap Happy!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to finally put the face to a picture!!! That layout of the flamingo's is great, and yes Heather's kit did work good. You don't look 40 girl! (and I think the exchange idea would be great...count me in) I haven't a clue what we will do....have a great day Diane....see you tomorrow!!!

Sara E said...

hey there, girl... did you know that I'm 40 too? I can't believe someone thought that there were 4 generations at that table - how crazy...you didn't even have a baby or little kid there

good luck on your big game... I'm sure you have probably been crying alot since last Saturday

did you see that Mizzou is now #6? we just have K-State this weekend...and I really wish I was home for Thanksgiving so I could go to the KU game- that's going to be great

Anonymous said...

I agree, you don't look 40 at all! Awesome to put a face with a friend! LOL

Love that sign!

Beautiful layout! I just saw them this morning in my email! Love them, you did an awesome job on them! I'll email ya in a bit!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't get over "splatter zone." THAT Is too funny!!! Wait, I have to go back and look at you.
I missed you! BRB Okay. Lookin' good! Hey I'm about to be 39, so I'm right there with you.
4 generations- whoever said that wasn't thinking right.
Have an awesome day, Diane!

absolutartist1 said...

Howdee! Terrific LO! Like the others - great to place a face with the name! 40? Wouldn't have guessed it...

I'm up for whatever you need page-wise just let me know what you need! [hugs]

Anonymous said...

ROFL ... I LOVE the shadow pictures, Diane!!! That's about the only way I'd have my picture taken! But it's nice to be able to put a face to you now! ... and I'm close to that 4-0 mark ... even though I have a 4 month old!! ... had to go back and see what everyone was talkin' about with the exchange (don't know how I missed it!!!) What kinda exchange you talkin' about?? Huh?

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout and photos! We always hit the water parks when we are visiting my grandma...love wikee watchi springs ( I have no idea if that is spelled right, lol). I just love the manatees myself!