My Layouts

Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday, Monday

Yea! It's 55 degrees outside right now. And it's 7 AM. It's supposed to get into the mid 60's today with rain later on tonight. Of course nothing lasts forever and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. I'd say only in Ohio, but I believe it's really only in the Midwest. I'm truly hoping that the snow that we're supposed to get later on this week is the LAST snow of the year. I'm ready for daffadils and tulips. After all, it's March.

Speaking of March, tomorrow is the primary here for Ohio. If you'd have said 6 weeks ago that Ohio could be the deciding factor on the Democratic ticket, I think a lot of people would have laughed. And then a lot of people thought that having the Ohio primary so far back was pointless. Well it may be for the Republican's. I think that McCain's got the nomination all sewed up. All I can say is I'll be glad not to have to watch all those political commercials again for a few months. Talk about OVERkill. I'm so glad that I have Tivo and will be using it this summer to fast forward past all those commercials.

Ok, on to business. Do you like scraplift challenges? Well, over at Heather Manning's CT blog, I'm running the first of the March challenges. No more coloring inbetween the lines. Scribble and doodle all you want. Check it out here.

And here's my lift. I've never done a scribbly page before, so it was a little bit of a stretch. Frame & other doodles you can pick up in Heather's store. The paper is from her Dirty Snow paper pak.


And Cherie Shields released a new kit at Sophia Sarducci's. Sogni Dolci or Sweet Dreams for those like me who's Italian is limited to pizza toppings. Here are 2 layouts I did with her new kit.


And don't forget about Kiki Halbert's new fabulous paper pack, Wasted Walls. Terrific for those masculine papes, but works great with the girls too. See Em being a Rock Star. The foil elements are by Kiki too, Foil Flourishes & Foiled Again. All are available at Plain Digital Wrapper.



I FINALLY got my Shutterfly Christmas book all done. I know that no one is in the mood to see cutesy Christmas layouts, but you just gotta see these. I've gotta be the only person still buying Christmas kits in late Feb.But I'm glad I finally broke down and picked up Jofia's Warm Christmas. So much fun with this kit. And the alpha is glitter by Flergs. I finally figured out how to load it, lol.
And the last page of the book, us all playing my nephew's game, he didn't get to play it for a few days. lol.
And I among many others, went nuts for Flerg's birthday and here's one of the pages I did. Something about sleeping babies just touches the heart.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm going to enjoy the warm up, even if it's only temporary.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful pages - you have been busy.

Off to check out that doodley challenge - thanks.

Kristine said...

Morning darlin'!!! Slow moving today....swinging through to dork dance all over your blog!

Have a great day! mwah!

Leigh said...

Diane, really enjoyed your post this morning and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the lo's you've done! You are on a roll!

Pea in a Pod said...

Hi Diane! Just thought I'd drop by:) I see all are well! Take Care...

DawnMarch said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great layouts! I'd have a hard time with doodly scribbles too, but I think you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm sending you the snow we got last night. I took Jordan to school cuz the bus was 20 minutes late because of the weather and I didn't want him standing out there waiting and it's like an ice skating rink all the way to his school. And we live off of a main road. You think that one would have been plowed.

I forgot to post the CT challenge. I'll post it tomorrow!

AfriDigiDiva said...

Those are fabulous layouts

Barb said...

The weather was GREAT today, wasn't it? I loved it, wish it would last. I'll also be glad when the election crap is over. I got so many ridiculous phone calls today...:-P

Love the layouts, Diane!

Sara E said...

I love all of that doodlin' a bunch

and.. I don't miss that midwest weather at all... Coop loved the warm weekend weather in STL, but it snowed today & might have a snow day tomorrow................so not fun!

Flergs said...

Oh that sleeping baby is so gorgeous!